Force 9 and EDF ER announce major new ‘Clash Gour’ project in Moray
Force 9 Energy, alongside development partner EDF Energy Renewables (EDF ER), is exploring the opportunity of developing a wind farm 12km south of Forres, in Moray. The proposed Clash Gour Wind Farm would be located to the southwest, north and east of the operational Berry Burn windfarm, which was also developed by Force 9 Energy. (See Clash Gour project page)
The initial proposal for Clash Gour is for up to 63 turbines, with blade tip heights between 135m and 175m. The final number and location of turbines will be guided by the various technical and environmental assessments and by the ongoing consultation with the local community and interested stakeholders.
As part of Force 9 Energy’s commitment to community consultation, five public exhibitions will be held:
- Elgin Sports & Community Centre, Elgin (IV30 1UE) on Monday 20th March 2017- 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Edinkillie Community Hall, Dunphail (IV36 2QW) on Monday 20th March 2017- 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Archiestown Village Hall, (AB38 7QZ) on Tuesday 21st March 2017- 12:30pm- 3:00pm
- Houldsworth Institute, Dallas (IV36 2SA) on Tuesday 21st March 2017- 5:00pm- 8:00pm
- Forres House Community Centre, Forres (IV36 1BU) on Wednesday 22nd March 2017- 2:00pm- 7:30pm
There will be an overview of the site on display as well as a summary of the detailed environmental work which is ongoing. Visitors will be invited to view an innovative 3-D video model of the wind farm within its landscape. Force 9 Energy will provide information regarding the community benefit fund for the project and a potential community ownership opportunity.
Force 9 Energy looks forward to welcoming local residents, and all those with an interest in the proposals, to the Public Exhibitions.
Please direct any enquiries to:
Steven Park: steven@libertyone comms.co.uk
Tel: 01224 872254 or 07860 294 484